St. Augustine School Evacuated After Small Boiler Room Fire

Students and staff were evacuated from the St. Augustine of Canterbury School after a small fire in the boiler room.

A small fire in the boiler room of the St. Augustine of Canterbury School in Kendall Park caused an evacuation of the building.

Late Wednesday morning, a problem with in the school's boiler room created a "smoke situation," according to South Brunswick Police. The school's students and staff were evacuated and relocated to the St. Augustine church, located adjacent to the school at 45 Henderson Road.

Police reported the small fire has been contained and no injuries were reported. Students and staff have since returned to the school and the normal schedule was resumed. The school was already scheduled to have an early dismissal today. 

Firefighters from the Kendall Park and Kingston volunteer fire companies, first aid and South Brunswick Police responded and were still on scene as of 11:30 a.m.

Traffic was being diverted away from the school's location on Henderson Road.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »