Did you have a barbeque for your favorite dad last week? It is easy all summer long to cook on your grill for your loved ones. You just need some good ideas, meat and seasonings or a nice marinade.
Here are two great ideas for steaks on the barbeque and an easy night for dinner. You will need 2 pounds of steak for each marinade.
My Cousin's Favorite Marinade
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Put steaks in a large baking tray
2. Blend ingredients in a bowl
3. Pour over steaks
4. Cover with plastic wrap
5. Marinate in refrigerator overnight
6. Turn on grill and cook until done
7. Your cook time depends on how well done you like your steak
8. Enjoy hot off the grill
My Easy Family Marinade
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- black pepper
1. Put steaks in large baking tray
2. Pour 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce on one side of steaks
3. Crush one clove of garlic over steaks
4. Sprinkle steaks with pepper
5. Turn steaks over and repeat directions
6. Cover with plastic and marinate overnight
7. Take out of refrigerator and grill to your taste
8. Eat and enjoy
Summer barbeques are fun for all and you can enjoy the nice weather by eating your meal outside. You can pair your steak with a fresh salad and some fruit. My family loves watermelon everyday in the summer.
Another idea is to cook potatoes on the grill wrapped in foil, but start cooking them before the steaks because they need to cook much longer. For my family, I cut each potato in half, put in foil, drizzle olive oil with some crushed garlic, salt and pepper sprinkled on and cook for 30 minutes or until softened. These are great with steak for a tasty dinner.