Prepare for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta this Saturday with this lip-smacking guacamole recipe! Throw away those guacamole "herb packets" and try making the real deal - it's fresh, delicious, and I promise the recipe is muy fácil (translation: very easy)!
3 ripe Mexican avocados
1 fresh lime
1 small vine tomato
1/2 small red onion
3 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
1 tbsp. sea salt
dash of freshly ground pepper
1 serrano chile seeded and chopped (optional)
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit, scoop out the avocado into a bowl and mash with the back of a fork.
- Finely chop the red onion and add to the bowl.
- Mince the cilantro, about 3 tbsp., and add to the bowl.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice of both halves into the bowl. Mix.
- Add the sea salt and the freshly ground black pepper.
- Seed the vine tomato and then dice. Add the tomato to the bowl. (*Note: if you are not serving the guacamole right away, do not add the tomato until right before serving. If you add the tomato to the guacamole and let it sit the tomatoes will get mushy.)
- Mix everything together.
- Taste! Want it a little sweeter? Add some more lime juice. Need more salt or pepper? Add some more!
- OPTIONAL: If you want a little heat, seed and mince a serrano chile, add to the guacamole, and mix together.