Invite a friend
International Film Festival
The library will continue its International Film Festival this summer partnering with other libraries in Middlesex County.
The films are current, critically aclaimed films from the world cinema. Most films are shown in the original language with English subtitles. Check the Compass Newsletter and this calendar for announcements about which films will be included this summer.
The films are free and are shown twice a week, every week during the summer starting in July and going through the end of August.
The times the films will be shown are Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m. and again on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
Please confirm the times and dates as listed on this calendar.
This is the schedule for the Summer of 2012:
"The First Grader" - July 8 at 2 p.m., July 11, 6:30 p.m.
"Laila's Birthday" - July 15 at 2 p.m., July 18 at 6:30 p.m.
"Queen to Play" - July 22 at 2 p.m. and July 25 at 6:30 p.m.
"KorKoro" - July 29 at 2 p.m. and Aug. 1 at 6:30 p.m.
"The Artist" - Aug. 5, 2 p.m. and Aug. 8, 6:30 p.m.
"Nora's Will" - Aug. 12, 2 p.m. and Aug. 15, 6:30 p.m.
More About South Brunswick Public Library
The South Brunswick Public Library has a collection of thousands of books, in hard copy, paperback and on tape, for lending. The library also has hundreds of magazines, newspapers and trade journals, along with hundreds of videos, CDs and DVDs. The SBPL has a bookmobile service that visits various neighborhoods, nursery schools, senior housing, corporate campuses, parks and shopping centers around town. The library has an extensive number of rotating classes and programs throughout the year for adults, teens and children on a wide variety of interests and activities. The SBPL also offers access to over 80 databases and archives for research and information. The library also provides meeting rooms for local non-profit groups, along with quiet study areas, job search help and homework tutoring and assistance for kids.
Other events here
- Thank A Veteran at the Library Daily,
- Knitting and Crocheting Group Meeting at the Library Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Beginner Hatha Yoga Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm
- Knitting and Crocheting Group Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Wonderful Ones (Ages 12-24 Months with Caregiver) Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:15 am
- Wonderful Ones at the Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:15 am–10:45 am
- Terrific Twos (Ages 24-36 Months with Caregiver) Weekly on Tuesdays, 11:30 am–12:00 pm
- Terrific Twos Program at the Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 11:30 am–12:00 pm
- Read to a Therapy Dog - Group Reading for Children with all abilities (ages 5 and up) Weekly on Thursdays, 5:00 pm