Rutgers Warns of Heavy Traffic Thursday for Louisville Game
Drivers should expect closed parking lots, and heavy traffic delays on the Livingston and Busch campuses on game day.
Heavy traffic delays are expected on the Rutgers University Busch and Livingston campuses due to a large fan turnout anticipated during Thursday's Rutgers-Louisville football game at High Point Solutions Stadium.
According to a press release from Rutgers, the following changes will be in effect on Thursday:
- The Stadium West Lot will be closed the entire day.
- There will be no on-street parking on College Avenue between Hamilton Street and Bishop Place.
- There will be no on-street parking on Easton Avenue between Somerset Street and Courtland Street.
- All Busch commuter students with Zone B parking permits will be allowed to park on the Livingston Campus (Yellow Lot) Thursday ONLY. Motorists should use Avenue E to Hospital Road to access the Yellow Lot.
- Starting at 2 p.m., Lots 48, 53A, 59, 60A, 60B, 64, 67 and 67B will close to faculty, staff, and residents. Those already parked in the lots will not be required to move their cars at that time. Drivers may exit the lots without restrictions after 2 p.m.
- The C bus route will not run. Extra buses will be provided on the B route.
- Campus buses will not service the Livingston Plaza bus stop starting at 2 p.m. All passengers can catch the buses at the Livingston Student Center.
- Starting at 10 p.m., the Hill Center and Allison Road Classroom Building bus stops will not be serviced until after game day traffic is cleared.
Rutgers buses will begin running from College Avenue to Johnson Park and from the Louis Brown Athletic Center general football parking area to the stadium beginning three hours prior to the 7:30 p.m. kickoff.